Tuesday, March 25, 2014

An Apology

A coworker asked me if I could shorten the sleeves on a store-bought sweater for her, and I told her I'd take a look at it. The sleeves had stretched out, and she had been rolling them up and hoped I could rip it back and re-knit the ribbing so that the sleeves fit her. Except I realized as soon as I took it out of the bag at home that, due to a seam and heavy stitching, I wasn't going to be able to fix it. I had a feeling the yarn under the seam would not have been reusable, and even if I could, my machine sewing skills are not good enough to trust myself to be able to resew the seam. She had already left for a trip though, so I had it for a week and felt really terrible that I had hoarded her sweater that long and wasn't even able to fix it. I knit her some dishcloths as an apology.




No comments:

Post a Comment